Saturday, October 4, 2008

Soccer in the rain


Today was a great soccer playing day! This was our first real game in the cold and rainy weather. The highlight of today was that Devin, who is a defender, scored the first goal of the game. He was so stoked! It was wet, slippery, and cold for the boys but we played a good game. I have learned that they don't cancel a soccer game here in Utah for anything except lightening. We have played in rain, snow, and hail and anything else you can imagine. Devin always says they play better in the cold. It is always fun as a parent to sit in that kind of weather. (And I thought the heat in Vegas was bad!)

3 comments:

Lamps Family said...

Hey Sherri,
I just got New Moon. I couldn't wait to get it. Jeremy thinks that I am silly. What does he know. I looked at some previews to the movie and an interview with Stephenie Meyers. It looks like they really tried to stay true to the book. I can't wait to see it. I am so behind in this series. Who knew. I am so excited to talk to those who have read it. That would be cool to see the movie with you and Patty and others. Maybe my dad will buy a plane ticket for me and I will see it with you. (hehe just kidding)I will have to see it on my own.

Julee

Dan and Nicole said...

Yay Devin! We are proud of you!

Rhonda said...

I must say it beats playing in ice. However, as a mom with baseball that starts in April....out here with "nor'easterns" happening...I remember sitting on bleachers with a down sleeping bag wrapped around me.

Crazy!

Just crazy!